Dubai is known for its luxurious lifestyle and vibrant nightlife, and alcohol plays a big part in the social scene. However, it’s important to note that buying and consuming alcohol in Dubai has its own rules and regulations. If you are a non-Muslim with a valid UAE residence visa and an alcohol license, you may be wondering where you can buy alcohol in Dubai. In this article, we will discuss where to purchase alcohol in Dubai and the importance of having a valid UAE residence visa and alcohol license to do so.
Getting an Alcohol License in Dubai
To purchase alcohol legally in Dubai, you must have a valid UAE residence visa and an alcohol license. Here’s a breakdown of how to obtain an alcohol license in Dubai:
- Go to the Dubai Police website and complete the online application form for an alcohol license.
- Provide the required documents, which typically include a copy of your passport and UAE residence visa, passport photos, and a no-objection certificate from your employer or sponsor.
- Pay the application fee, which is typically around AED 270.
- Wait for your application to be processed and approved.
Who is Eligible:
Only non-Muslims who are over the age of 21 and have a valid UAE residence visa are eligible for an alcohol license in Dubai. Muslim residents and visitors are not allowed to purchase or consume alcohol in the UAE.
In addition to being a non-Muslim with a valid UAE residence visa, there are a few other requirements for obtaining an alcohol license in Dubai. These include:
- Having a monthly salary of at least AED 3,000
- Being a resident of Dubai or one of the other emirates in the UAE
- Having a no-objection certificate from your employer or sponsor
- Being able to provide a tenancy contract or a Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA) bill as proof of address
By meeting these requirements and following the application process, you can obtain an alcohol license and legally purchase alcohol in Dubai.
Where to Buy Alcohol in Dubai
MMI (Maritime and Mercantile International) and African & Eastern are two of the most well-known licensed retailers in Dubai for alcohol. Both of these retailers offer a wide range of alcoholic beverages, including beer, wine, spirits, and champagne. They are often located in shopping malls and other commercial areas throughout Dubai, and some of them even offer online ordering and delivery.
Licensed Restaurants and Bars:
In addition to licensed retailers, there are many licensed restaurants and bars in Dubai that serve alcohol. These establishments include casual dining restaurants, sports bars, and upscale nightclubs. Many hotels in Dubai also have bars and nightclubs that serve alcohol, so you can enjoy a night out with friends while legally consuming alcohol.
Types of Establishments:
Dubai offers a diverse range of establishments where you can legally purchase and consume alcohol. These include:
- Hotels: Many hotels in Dubai have bars, nightclubs, and restaurants that serve alcohol. Some of them even have rooftop bars with stunning views of the city.
- Bars and Pubs: Dubai has many bars and pubs, ranging from casual sports to trendy rooftop bars.
- Nightclubs: Dubai has a vibrant nightlife scene, and there are many nightclubs that serve alcohol and feature international DJs and live music.
- Restaurants: Many restaurants in Dubai serve alcohol with their meals, making it easy to enjoy a glass of wine or a cocktail with your dinner.
No matter your preferred type of establishment, there are plenty of options for legally purchasing and consuming alcohol in Dubai. Just remember to always drink responsibly and follow the laws and regulations surrounding alcohol consumption in the UAE.
Rules and Regulations for Buying and Consuming Alcohol in Dubai
While Dubai is known for its vibrant nightlife and social scene, it’s important to remember that strict laws and regulations surround alcohol consumption. Here’s what you need to know:
Laws Surrounding Alcohol Consumption:
- Drinking in public places is strictly prohibited. This means that you cannot drink alcohol in public parks, beaches, or other public areas.
- The legal blood alcohol limit in Dubai is zero, so it’s best to avoid driving after consuming any amount of alcohol.
- It is illegal to purchase alcohol for someone who does not have a valid alcohol license.
Penalties for Breaking the Laws:
If you are caught breaking any of the laws surrounding alcohol consumption in Dubai, you could face severe penalties. These penalties include fines, imprisonment, and even deportation. It’s not worth the risk to break these laws, so always consume alcohol responsibly and follow the rules and regulations in place.
Tips for Consuming Alcohol Responsibly:
- Always drink in moderation.
- Drink plenty of water and eat food while consuming alcohol to avoid getting too drunk.
- Never drink and drive.
- Respect the laws and regulations surrounding alcohol consumption in Dubai and always act responsibly.
By following these tips and being aware of the laws and regulations surrounding alcohol consumption in Dubai, you can enjoy a fun night out while also staying safe and avoiding legal issues.
So, Where can you buy Alcohol in Dubai?
In conclusion, buying and consuming alcohol in Dubai can be an enjoyable experience, but it’s important to follow the laws and regulations to avoid legal issues. Obtaining a valid UAE residence visa and an alcohol license is crucial, and there are many licensed retailers, restaurants, and bars where you can legally purchase and consume alcohol in Dubai.
It’s also important to remember the laws surrounding alcohol consumption in Dubai, such as not drinking in public places and not driving under the influence. If you break any of these laws it can result in severe penalties.
By following the laws and regulations and consuming alcohol responsibly, you can enjoy a fun and safe night out in Dubai. So, if you’re planning a trip to Dubai and want to enjoy alcohol, make sure to obtain the necessary licenses and follow the rules to ensure a great experience.
Want to know what have changed in Dubai since 1980? Read it here.